teaches ukulele classes and uke workshops, as well as leading dozens of ukulele jams. This includes Minnesota Bluegrass and Old-Time Music Association
classes, workshops and jams, Steve Kaufman Acoustic Kamp workshops and jams, Port Townsend Ukulele Festival jams, and numerous local and regional "music
happenings." Tony founded the Twin Cities Ukulele Club, and he organizes and leads TC Uke Club events, including both the Great Minnesota Uke Gathering
and WOW! - the Winter Oo-koo-lay-lay Weekend.
Tony’s classes and teaching style emphasize providing an environment for ukulele learners that is caring, encouraging, and 100% non-threatening. He
firmly believes that “if learning and playing ukulele isn’t fun, why do it?”
New This Year
Afternoon Uke Jam
- Who - SKAK ukulele players and singers - For all skill levels! - And we mean ALL skill levels, including beginners!
- What - An all level jam using the Daily Ukulele: 365 Songs For Better Living (the “Yellow Book”) as our song source - Led by Tony Anthonisen
- Ukuleles, banjoleles and kazoos welcome! The “Yellow Book” is for sale at the Kamp Store.
- Where - See The Official Schedule in the Kamp Manual
- When - 4:15 to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Why - Because it is a blast to jam with friends and friends to be! If it’s not fun, why would you do it?
Comments from the summer 2018 group lessons ukulele students:
- I thought the classes were excellent! I really enjoyed them! It was really worthwhile to get information in a class setting,
- This series of classes was perfect for the aspiring uke player who is eager to move to the next level.
- Learning uke has been a joy and this class was exactly what I needed to improve my playing. Thanks!!!
- I thought the sessions were great. I learned a lot and think you are a great natural teacher.